I had an active childhood between helping on the farm, playing with cousins, and being involved in athletics, swimming competitively beginning when I was 8 years old. I enjoyed taking ballet lessons and added basketball at age 11, cross country at age 12, and one year of volleyball at age 13! Not much time for TV or video games. I continued cross country, basketball, and added track through all my high school years as a varsity athlete. I ran cross country, indoor and outdoor track collegiately NAIA my freshman year and was redshirted as a sophomore after a transfer to the University of Missouri-Columbia. I continued running competitively at a national level as a member of the University Club team with NIRCA (National Intercollegiate Running Club Association) and began coaching teammates.
Being active has always been an important aspect of my growing up and enjoying life to the fullest. Along with falling in love with the sports side of athletics in high school, I became interested in the development of the mental and strength aspect that supplements athletic advancement. I worked briefly at a gym before continuing my pursuit to coach and train others on my own.
- BS from University of Missouri in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology -2012
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer -2013
- RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) Certified Distance Coach -2014
- USTFCCCA (U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association) Strength and Conditioning Certification -2016
- USTFCCCA Sports Science for the Endurance Events -2016
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 -In Progress 2017